The 49th Annual Conference of the International Association of School Librarianship
The 24th International Forum on Research on School Librarianship
July 12-16, 2021 - Denton Convention Center/Embassy Suites
The International Association for School Librarianship, Texas Woman’s University, and the University of North Texas invite you to attend the 49th Annual Conference and the 24th International Forum on Research on School Librarianship. The conference is dedicated to the advancement of theory and practice in school librarianship.
Conference Theme: A Rich Tapestry of Practice and Research around the World
Main Goals of the Conference:
- to learn about current school library practice and research;
- to discuss the mission, vision, and role of the school librarian in a digital society;
- to explore and discuss ideas for transforming school library programs;
- to learn about school library programs in Texas and the region;
- to create global connections for future collaboration.
- Language & Culture
- Growing Literacies
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Literature & Storytelling
Who should attend?
The IASL Annual Conference provides a space for school librarians, teachers, administrators, researchers, and all those with an interest in education and libraries to explore how school librarians effect change, empower learners, and positively contribute to education.
Why should you attend?
This year’s conference provides a space for practitioners to share their understandings of where we are today and to build for the future. The conference is participative and promotes dissemination and exchange of ideas in a variety of formats. It is also an excellent opportunity for delegates to learn more about the issues and trends in school librarianship, network with other librarians across the globe, experience the camaraderie of librarianship, and dialogue about research and best practices in school libraries both local and international.
Happening in Denton, Texas!